We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Ireland

Galena, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Ireland

I am going to Ireland this upcoming summer or the summer after that. I will be going with my mom and aunt. I was wondering if there are any places that people would recommend that aren't extreme tourist attractions. Also where can we hear good folk music? Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,373 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Ireland

The answers to your previous post (which you did not respond to) are here

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k687764…

Is it Scotland or Ireland or Germany you are planning to visit?

Galena, Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Ireland

I did not see that on my previous Ireland post. Any of the posts that were on one of my questions I saved to a trip file if I did not respond to it. We are going to do all three; Germany, Ireland, and Scotland.

Cork, Ireland
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Ireland

Try Irelandtravelkit.com. It's a compilation of multiple non-touristy travel destinations from Irish travel experts. There's great info there.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,601 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Ireland

Rough dates would help.. there are a number of local festivals during the "summer" which could draw your musical requirement and as many are in out of the way places could also tick your low tourist requirement.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Ireland

The highlight for Irish traditional music (Fleadh Cheoil) will take place next year in Sligo during August.

6. Re: What to do in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:22