We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

With Monday a bank holiday, how does this affect us?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
With Monday a bank holiday, how does this affect us?

Are businesses and attractions still open tomorrow? Back home, the Monday of a holiday weekend usually means extended store hours and an excuse to have a sale. Sometimes small family businesses and restaurants shut down on a holiday Monday but most things are open.

Thank You

( p.s. The street bands at the Cork Jazz Fest were so fun today!)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: With Monday a bank holiday, how does this affect us?

Offices and banks are shut. Public Transport is on a reduced service in cities [similar to Sunday]

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: With Monday a bank holiday, how does this affect us?

Sharon, there definitely won't be extended store hours. Outside of the major cities, a lot of shops will be closed but most restaurants will be open as normal.

The attractions should all be open, though(weather permitting of course!)

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: With Monday a bank holiday, how does this affect us?

Lol I was mostly making fun of Americans there- mentioning the extended store hours on holidays. It makes me sick actually. Just trying to nail down the order of our itinerary. Will have to play it by ear depending on weather but I wondered if things like Fota park and Blarney Castle were open.

4. Re: With Monday a bank holiday, how does this affect us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:15