We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

orange county,ca.
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

Hi travel experts,

I am planning a 14 day northern Eurpoe trip. With 2 days shot for travel it leaves me with 4 days in Ireland, 4 days in Scotland, and 4 days in England. In regards to Ireland, if you only had four days to visit what would be on your must see list?

Thanks in advnace

orange county,ca.
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

Oh I forgot to mention this would be in the month of July

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

4 days in Dublin a good option. Will take 2 days to see the "musts" such as Kilmainham Goal, Guiness, Book of Kells, etc. You can use the other days to make day trips to spots such as Wicklow or Kilkenney.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,345 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

Yes 4 days in Dublin, you can come and see Ireland when you have more time.

orange county,ca.
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

So would you recommend a house rental in Dublin?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

I would definitely visit the Cliffs of Moher-such breathtaking views and the lovely eclectic city of Galway. I enjoyed conversing with the locals, seeing the beauty of the town, and the unique shops. There are always beautiful ancient ruins, the cairns, and cemetaries all over Ireland as well. Have a lovely trip! My fiancé and I are planning a similar trip in May with Ireland, Scotland, and England. :-)

orange county,ca.
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

Awesome we should share any insight that we learn

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,673 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

If you only have four days, then it's a waste of time and effort to hare all the way to The Cliffs of Moher, which may well be shrouded in mist and will certainly be wall to wall tourist at that time of he year.

Far better to do a daytrip to the Wicklow mountains National Park and the spectacular Glendalough monastic complex.

You could/should go to Brú na Bóinne (Newgrange ) and the castle at Trim, biggest in all of Ireland and if you could squeeze them in other sites in the Boyne valley.

Dublin itself has my must-sees of Kilmainham gaol, the National museum of Ireland to see treasures like the Ardagh chalice and Tara brooch ,and the library at Trinity college to see the book of Kells.

I would also suggest you get the train to Belfast to get an idea of life in the north, perhaps taking in the Titanic exhibition, a black taxi tour through former areas of conflict and to see the murals and maybe a pint in the Crown saloon.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

If I had only 4 days in Ireland I would look at staying in one location only. Then look at the options of what is near my arrival point. Dublin Airport = Dublin; Shannon Airport = Limerick or Galway; Cork Airport = Cork City; Knock Airport = Co Mayo; Waterford Airport = Waterford or Kilkenny.

If you decide that this sounds like the basis for a plan, let us know where we can advise for your 4 days otherwise you will get suggestions for any and everywhere

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

You could also fly into Belfast ,Visit the causeway coast and glens Titanic Belfast etc before heading down to Dublin, We have great transport links, services run 24 hrs and its only 2hrs down the Rd.

orange county,ca.
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you had 4 days in Ireland what would you do?

Is there a specific week in July I should try to make to Ireland?