We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to visit in Cork?

Limerick, Limerick...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to visit in Cork?

Hi guys!

I'm new here, I'm Matteoand this weekend my friends and I will go to Cork!

So, do you have some suggestions about places to visit there? And what about Nightlife? Can you advice us for some pubs and nightclubs?

Thank you

Matteo

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,075 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to visit in Cork?

What we liked best when we stayed in Cork was driving to Kinsale for the day.

Didn't love the Cork sightseeing, but we visited: English Market, Butter Museum, City Gaol, Lewis Glucksman Art Museum, Crawford Art Gallery, St. Anne's Church, St Fin Barre's Cathedral, Cork Vision Centre.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
79 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to visit in Cork?

It depends if you want to just stay near the city you could visit the jail and the art galleries if you want to go further afield visit fota wildlife park, the jameson distillery in middleton or blarney castle are all good attractions. In terms of nightlife Havana Browns is a great spot and always very lively.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to visit in Cork?

The main quad of UCC is probably worth a bit of a diversion as well above the Glucksman Gallery. It's only 2 minutes up the hill and is relatively attractive. There are some old ogham stones in the corridor inside, but their significance isn't really explained.

As Jo says, a lot of the main attractions are a little out, but all are readily visitable by public transport. On top of her list, you can add Spike Island, although check that the ferry is still running (it was last weekend, but that may have been because of the bank holiday).

I think nightlife will depend on your age and interests. There's a bit of something for everyone, but you could end up in the wrong places too.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,806 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to visit in Cork?

I thought that the gaol and the butte rmuseum were well worth a visit. The market was interesting too. As for nightlife, I agree with blackgreen.

Limerick, Limerick...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to visit in Cork?

Thank you guys:)

6. Re: What to visit in Cork?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:18