We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair

I am looking at flying with Ryanair on a few occasions. Starting from Dublin to Liverpool, then probably on a few occasions after that, like London to Madrid, and Madrid to Dublin. Are they a non refundable airline if you pay for a ticket, then you want to change the day, or time of departure?

I know they are very strict with baggage weight and also with printed itineries, fining people if they don't provide them or have excess weight in their carry on bags.

Are they a reliable airline, or do they often cancel their flights at the last minute and don't provide refunds for passengers if they do cancel?

Thankyou for all the replies I get.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
79 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair are no frills but there definitely reliable they rarely ever cancel a flight and have some of the lowest delay rates in Europe (mainly because they operate such a tight turnaround service).

A great thing about Ryanair is in regards to changing your plans although they wont refund you for cancelling a flight unless in extreme cases like bereavement they do allow you to change your date/times/routes up to four hours before departure.

Theres loads more info in this link : ryanair.com/ie/questions/can-i-cancel-my-res…

Don't forget to print your boarding cards and check in online (upto 14 days before departure) or they will charge you when you arrive at the airport

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair

read Ryanair's Terms and Conditions

Also read about their baggage policy

and you'll be fine.

They are a point to point airline

Edited: 30 October 2013, 15:11
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,124 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair are not really liked, but they do the job they advertise. however, they enforce their "rules " very tightly, so don't abuse them or it will cost you! if there is a delay of over 2 hours, you have certain rights which will be shown on their site and are part of eu law.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair is one of the best airlines in the world it takes off on time arrives on time has the newest fleet of planes than any airline in Europe. It employs over 6000 people and most of the people who complain about them cannot use a scales or read a set of rules 15kg case means 15 not 20 as some people think or one carry on bag means one not one and a handbag. If you want the cheapest fares and want to arrive on time go by their rules not one set made up by other people and you will be ok in the past 7 years I have flown on about 120 flights with Ryanair and never had a single problem.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair

Have your dates and departure times planned as the charges associated with changing often mean it is cheaper to buy a new flight. As has been mentioned you must follow their rules, there is no tolerance! So you must check in online, you must print your own boarding pass, your luggage must be the correct weight.

Follow their rules and you can get some serious travel bargains

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair

For the best prices book in the 8max 5min week s before there are always exceptions but that would be the general rule.. Flights DUB-LPL can be heavily influenced by Soccer matches and school holidays. As said stick to the rules on baggage and boarding passes, remember you must produce your documents for inspection at the Ryanair desk (as non EU citizens) before heading to security and you will be fine.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair

Also be aware that when Ryanair state a destination, the airport may not be the expected one - Brussels = Charleroi, Paris = Beavais and so on. I don't know which airport they use in Madrid, But whilst you may save on air fares, you may have to factor in the cost of the coach or train from the far flung airport to the city it proports to serve.

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair

and dont froget ...for Non EU citizens

ryanair.com/ie/questions/non-eu-eea-passenge…

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair serve the main airports in Madrid and Liverpool. In London they serve stansted, Luton and gatwick airports. They do not fly to heathrow

Edited: 31 October 2013, 07:48
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,368 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair

I don't like the Ryanair approach to customer service, so only use them if there is no alternative. That's a personal choice as I find travelling stressful and can do without the Ryanair "experience". However, I would say that in terms of reliability in terms of schedule,they are second to none