We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

I know this is a longshot but I know there are some helpful Clare Experts on this forum.

We're looking for three nights self catering at both the beginning and end of our 2014 trip.

We would be arriving on May 21 and departing on Saturday May 24.

We would need the same accommodation for an arrival of June 14th and a departure of June 17th.

There are just two of us so a two bedroom would be fine. Currently we are booked into The Old Ground Hotel in Ennis for those nights. The hotel looks fine but we'd be happier in our own cottage.

I know that short breaks are sometimes hard to find in advance. paying a premium price wouldn't be out of the question for us though I don't want to pay for a full week and just stay for three nights.

Anywhere in the Burren would be fine but we would prefer to be in the north or northwest.

Thanks for any help!

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
689 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

You will be very lucky to get a three day rental in May as this is a very popular time in the Burren with the Burren in Bloom festival taking place.Have a look at Imagineireland,VRBO and Homeaway sites.Look at Fanore Lodge and Caher cottage and fanorecottages.com.There are quite a few bed and breakfasts in Fanore and Ballyvaughan if you don't find self-catering accommodation.Good luck with your search

Rhfode Island
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

a beautiful self cater in Ennis on the edge of the Burren STrasburgh Manor

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

Thanks! I didn't expect specific locations but I'll definitely check Strasburgh Manor. Imaginireland.com looks great.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,759 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

need the bookmarks off my old laptop but there are a couple of places in Newquay by Kinvara one with Imagine and the other with Shamrock Cottages, will check later and get back to you.

5. Re: Short Break Self Catering in The Burren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 04:17