We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Adare

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from Adare

Americans flying into Shannon in May 2014 for 10 days. We will hire a car. First two nights in Adare before moving on toward Doolin, Galway, and the Aran Islands. Wondering if two nights might be more than enough for Adare and should we plan a day trip then. Perhaps the Rock of Cashel, or Dingle. Don't want too much on the plate, but like to explore options. We like the outdoors, pubs, and ancient sites. All suggestions welcome.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Day Trips from Adare

Nothing special about my advice, different than many but there are far better contributors than my offerings. Nothing wrong with going to Adare and Doolin truth is I like both places and have stayed in Adare several times, wouldn't stay in Doolin as it is too busy too many people too few options for my idea of a night.

SG who is a better contributor than I would ever be likes Ballyvaughan as do many others. Personally I prefer Kinvara maybe Ennistymon.. Ennis for the Fledh if the dates fit? staying overnight on Innis Mor will give a different perspective and may will be quieter than the heights of July and August. Innis Oirr being smaller has less options if you left the islands to the end you could consider returning the car and using the bus get to Doolin Island hop between there and Rossaveal and bus back down, thinking little out of the box perhaps.

I always say it's not my holiday, No matter where you chose will work out and you will have a great time. With 10 days you have a good few options especially concentrating on Limerick/Clare/Galway

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Day Trips from Adare

Thanks, again, but I believe you are being too modest. I have been looking at Ballyvaughan and Kinvara as alternatives to Doolin. The Fodors guide we have 2012, likes Doolin. I do thilnk you are absolutely right in that wherever we go, we will see beautiful countryside and have a wonderful time. But planning is a big part of the fun for me. And this forum has been very helpful.

23. Re: Day Trips from Adare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:16