We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lissadell House

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Lissadell House

News today that the Supreme Court have just given a ruling in favour of the owners of Lissadell House, Co. Sligo over a rights of way issue that caused the closure of this popular tourist destination to the public a few years ago.

The present owners bought this historic mansion some years back and restored it into a magnificent place for tourists to visit complete with gardens and stables converted into a coffee shop and museum. Lets hope that they will once again open Lissadell to the public.

Edited: 11 November 2013, 13:08
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lissadell House

Well put, Cavan007. I have to say that I had a lot of sympathy with estate owners in this dispute. Hopefully, the wonderful Lissadell will be open soon

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,979 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lissadell House

Hope it comes back. Didn't get any further than the gardens on my last trip there; we were delayed along the way and were too late for the house tour. I hope to see it one day.

3. Re: Lissadell House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:20