We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T-Mobile in Ireland

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
T-Mobile in Ireland

Hi all, some of you may have heard about tmobile's new worldwide data coverage..

www.t-mobile.com/coverage.html#globalcoverage

I can't find a coverage map for tmobile data in Ireland, so I'm just wondering if anyone has already had any experience with this (I think the feature rolled out on the 31st of October). What I'd really like to know is if I'll be able to use my tmobile phone for navigation while in Ireland or, will the coverage be too poor and a gps unit be necessary?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T-Mobile in Ireland

Tmobile does not trade in Ireland, their partner in crime would be Meteor, A really good alternative was once known as a map.. Unless you are planning to get really out of the way then the road signage and rental companies basic issue map should suffice.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T-Mobile in Ireland

I think you're right about a standard map being just fine as we won't be going too far off of the beaten path :)

I was more or less thinking we'd plug in and save our stops in our map app on the phone so we could just use that to navigate from point a to point b. Since t-mobile is supposedly offering the unlimited international data with our particular plan, I would think it might make things easier but it's hard to find any specific information.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T-Mobile in Ireland

If it were the UK then Tmobile and Orange are grouped under the "EE" trading banner on 4G services.. Meteor are opting the 4G route and it might be worth checking with your local T mobile what the deal is data roaming on Meteor when over here..

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T-Mobile in Ireland

Thank you for the advice!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: T-Mobile in Ireland

Older topic I know, but I just returned from a trip to Dublin and I found that my T989 / Galaxy S2 didn't do very well with the cellular network there for data. Text messages frequently disappeared into thin air and email didn't send or didn't update. But we did great using Wi-Fi, which is available practically everywhere--including on the city buses run by DublinBus.

While on the hotel's wi-fi, the T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling feature worked great and was the best way to communicate with home.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: T-Mobile in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:16