We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trafalgar Tours

New Jersey
Level Contributor
200 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trafalgar Tours

Has anyone done a tour with Trafalgar Tours to Ireland. I am considering their "Best of Ireland" 11 day tour. I am not really fond of tours and prefer to travel alone. Am considering going to Ireland in June/July 2014 and would like to visit Killarney, Adare, Limerick, Galway, Connemara, Kilkenney. One of the reasons I am considering a tour is I do not want to rent a car in Ireland and am unsure how much time/money/effort would be spent traveling by train/bus to these various locations. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly apprecfiated.

Cornelius, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trafalgar Tours

I am interested in the same tour! PLEASE someone out there, give us some feedback! :)

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trafalgar Tours

LV you might just try typing in Trafalgar tours in the search slot at the top of the page and see if sometime back others have taken this tour.....sadly most folks advise driving yourself so getting info on guided tours is limited....

Owasso, Ok
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trafalgar Tours

We went on this tour in March, 2012. Bernard, a Dubliner, was the tour guide and it was wonderful. We stayed in Dublin a couple of days after our tour to explore the city itself on our own. Bernard had a sense of humor and as a local knew the country. In the evenings we went to pubs with local entertainment. It was great fun. The stops on the tour included ample time to explore the location on your own, then to meet back at the bus without the hassle of driving. You didn't feel like you were being herded around in a big group. I would go with Trafalgar again. The hotels were located near the center of town so you could explore safely on your own. Bernard always told you were the gathering places were, dining and shopping. The hotels on the tour were very comfortable.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trafalgar Tours

interesting...why didn't you rate any of the hotels, eateries, etc.?....

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,161 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trafalgar Tours

Don't think Bernard told them to ?? A Dublin bloke that knows Ireland, there's a treat you don't get every day.

:-)

6. Re: Trafalgar Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 01:44
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trafalgar Tours

My husband and I went on a trip around Ireland (starting form London) a few years ago. We only had 17 people on board but back then they did guaranteed departures so off we went. It was a great trip and we would not have liked to negotiate those narrow roads ourselves. Our drivers were so competent and both them and the tour director worked hard to make our trip enjoyable. Hotels ranged from quirky to luxurious but always clean with good meals provided when applicable. It was terrific to go into the attractions ahead of the crowds. It was our first experience with a coach tour and were a bit taken aback with the decisions to make regarding optional tours to be decided quickly. (On a later tour we were more savvy and looked them up before leaving).All in all we were very happy with Trafalgar.

8. Re: Trafalgar Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 06:15