We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus airlines to Dublin golf bags

Freeport, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Aer Lingus airlines to Dublin golf bags

Aer Lingus airline restriction for golf travel bags is 62 inches (length + width + depth). Every golf travel bag I have ever had is at least 70 inches up to 80 inches. What will happen when I arrive at checkin with my 75 inch travel bag? Will I be charged more or told I can't bring the bag on board.

The bag is well below the 23kg weight allowance.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,424 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus airlines to Dublin golf bags

I don't know much about golf bags, but I don't think that I have ever seen one that is taller than the player, and assuming that their average height is around 72 inches. and what is max club length? around 50 inches?

I would imagine that if aer lingus mention golf bags and mention 62 inches, that would be the norm.

but you mention length + width +depth, so maybe you are misunderstanding the restriction.? it is purely length. if yours is truly 80 inches long, maybe you should look around for a shorter bag?

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus airlines to Dublin golf bags

Their website doesn't mention size restrictions for golf bags - only weight restrictions:

aerlingus.com/travelinformation/…d.en.1221

You can always call the airline to verify.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus airlines to Dublin golf bags

Keep your head down and follow through.

4. Re: Aer Lingus airlines to Dublin golf bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:19