We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

Hi, i'm from Hong Kong and planning my trip to the UK

I will visit my frd in Dublin from the UK(probably Liverpool/York) before going back but I have no idea about which travel way is cheap and safe.

By plane or by ship? Either one, can anybody suggest the best company? Thx!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

Easiest to fly, just be careful with the luggage allowances - they are strictly enforced.

Ryanair fly from Liverpool to Dublin and both Ryanair and Aer Lingus have flights from Manchester.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

Flying as above, Ryanair probably the cheapest, easiest option leaving from John Lennon Airport. I often Rail and sail using Stena Line to Southport 20 miles north of and travelling via Liverpool.. coming in from Liverpool you could also consider the Liverpool-Dublin crossing with P&O maybe sailing overnight?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,690 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

www.seat61.com

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

Seat 61 is an option but as he has his web site dedicated to Irish Ferries by default I refuse to use or recommend it.. Rail and sail can be booked at any mainline UK station and I always specify either Dublin Port Stena or Dublin Connelly as the destination.

5. Re: convenient&safe way from Dublin from UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19