We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

The Collins Ireland Comprehensive Road Atlas (but none of the tour guide books) put this center on the Clare County map. We took a chance and drove our rented Micra on the narrow local road. We were fully awarded!

The 15-minute audiovisual presentation, as always in Ireland, was not overloaded with facts but gave solid basic history. It made me look around with different eyes and appreciate the beauty of the Burren. Visiting in May-August would allow visitors to enjoy the sweet smell and outstanding multicolored diverse mixture of the Mediterranean and Northern flora. The selection of handcrafted and affordable scents, soaps, oils, creams, and herbal teas is unique because it is the only perfumery in Ireland that makes these items by hand. We also enjoyed a pleasant conversation with the owner’s wife on a broad range of issues. She used her professional expertise to review the “Perfume: The Story of a Murderer” (2006), an international box office hit for Irish viewers.

Visitor information is on the web,sites: http://www.burrenperfumery.com/ and clare.ie/attractions/view/gardens-12/the_bur…

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,702 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

Duplicate - please remove.

There is no question here, just a review which would be more usefull in the TA reviews of the place.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 07:49
Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

Actually, I found it very useful. We'll be in the Burren for six days in May and wasn't aware of this place. We'll be sure to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

great review nina....

paulkris, I love the burren perfumery and the smells are amazing....over the last 13 years this location has grown more lovely, many changes made for the better....my first visit in 2000 there was only the building the shop is in, now there is a lovely garden, tea room etc....you'll love it....

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

A favourite of mine as well! I'm wearing one of their scents today : " Ilaun"

@ paulkris - 1 of my favourite visitor sites in the Burren, together with my photos of this fascinating area :

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i19855-Burren…

flickr.com/photos/…

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

wow, sarnia, those pics are amazing....it was like being there....thank you so much for sharing them.....

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
771 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

Sarnia: Ditto Oma--great pics. I took a lot of notes!! Many places I have not seen, added to my "to see" list. Thanks for sharing.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

I still have my bottle of Man of Aran that I bought maybe 30 years ago or more from the Burren Perfumery. I don't wear it but give a little "sniff" now and then and it brings me right back. We stayed here during 2013 on our last visit and found it a good base for touring around.

http://www.cliffsofmoherhotel.com/

burrenperfumery.com/products/perfumes/manofa…

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

@ Oma and kilted - thanks for your kind words :-). The Burren is my favourite place in Ireland : there's always something new to discover.

@ BoxtheFox - there's a new eau de cologne : "Winter Woods". Very nice indeed! I'm the same with the scents: as soon as I smell "Ilaun" or "Frond" I'm right back at the Perfumery.

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
692 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

Some fantastic photographs of the Burren and especially of the birds in the Birds of Prey Centre at Ailwee Caves.Fanore has been battered by severe storms last night but we are still standing.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Burren Perfumery and Floral Center

@ GillMÀC9 - glad you survived the storm. We missed the worst here in the Channel Islands; I've been thinking alot about all the TA contributors and my friends in Ireland this past week. Hope everyone's stayed safe!

I remember seeing alpacas near the coast at Fanore - hope they were kept out of harm's way?

Glad you like the photos :-). "Sigh!" Do love those birds! Looking forward to seeing them again in February.