We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland in 13 nights

CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland in 13 nights

Hello...we are planning our first trip to Ireland and checking out possible routes. Ancestors are from Co Cork, so want to spend time there. The first 3 nights we have booked in Dublin, then I was thinking Navan, Dingle, Durrus, Cobh. Would love to see Glendalough and Kilkenney, but don't think we'll have time..thoughts??? Flying into Dublin and leaving from either Shannon or Cork, depending on route. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

Are you renting a car?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

You'll have a ball.

Come and enjoy.

CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

oh yes.....

CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

So we are thinking Dublin, Slane, country near Thurles, Dingle, Baltimore and Cobh, with side trips to Gendalough, Cashel, Beara ...what do you think?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

I went on a 10-day trip to Ireland in September - and to be honest, I think 2 days in Dublin may be adequate, unless you already have a solid agenda of things you have to see (or if you're counting the day you arrive; keep in mind you'll likely be extremely jet-lagged - I couldn't keep my eyes open past 6pm after arriving at noon). Dublin was fun and we did all the touristy things in a day and a half, but I found the rest of the country actually more fun and scenic. If you trim a day out of Dublin, this will give you one more day to play with in another part of the country. I didn't get to visit a lot of places where you'll be headed, but Dingle was my favorite out of everywhere we went, so enjoy!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

Correction: I meant you should do 2 nights, 3 days in Dublin, counting the day you arrive (as opposed to the 3 nights, 4 days you imply).

7. Re: Ireland in 13 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 07:23