We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Days in Ireland - too much, too little?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
7 Days in Ireland - too much, too little?

Hello,

My wife and I have booked a vacation to Ireland in late March/early April (Saturday to Saturday trip). When we first booked the flight, we had thought about jaunting over to London for 2-3 days mainly just because we figured we'll be so close so might as well check out another country. We live in Chicago, by the way, so I guess "close" is relative. Anyways... we're having second thoughts and think it may be best to just spend our whole week in Ireland. Having said that, is there enough to do there in a week or will we get bored? We're both in our early 30's and like getting out and seeing as much as possible when we travel.

Thanks in advance!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,037 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 7 Days in Ireland - too much, too little?

if you'll share some places or things you might have in mind that you'd like to see, I promise you will get the best help on earth from the posters here....my first advice to anyone going to Ireland for the first time is DO NOT crowd yourself with so many things to see that you view everything from the windscreen (windshield) of a car...if you're going to spend the biggest portion of your time on your bum, with too little time at sites, and too many stops for shopping, you might just look into a bus tour.....

or if you share what your interests are such as big crowded cities/small villages?....ruins, castles, museums, sitting in a pub just having a drink, or 3, and visiting with the locals, natural beauty, etc.?.....where will you fly into and out of (example in Dublin out Shannon?)....

I've never gotten bad advice from the seasoned posters and locals here....they are the best......

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 7 Days in Ireland - too much, too little?

Hey my partner and I are 29 and 38 and spent 7 days in Ireland in July. We definitely could have spent another week. We spent 3 nights in Dublin, 2 nights Kilarney, 1 night Galway, 1 night Belfast. If like to go back and see Dingle, Donegal, more of Dublin and Belfast and the giant causeway. So no there is plenty to do for your age group for 7 days.

13. Re: 7 Days in Ireland - too much, too little?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:18