We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs of Moher

Brisbane
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Cliffs of Moher

I've looked at some stunning photos of the cliffs with people sitting with their legs dangling over and standing very close to the edge.

This got me thinking. Are there ever any accidents?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,962 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliffs of Moher

Sitting at the edge is impossible now at the actual cliffs complex as there are some lovely liscannor stone barriers.

And yes there have been some very sad events at the cliffs, as there are at all high locations unfortunately. But in respect for the families of those left behind, I don't think they should be discussed in a trivial manner.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,392 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliffs of Moher

Accidents and non accidents with missing and "found in a local bar" or the odd hoax thrown in.. Now the "new" path from Doolin to Liscannor has been revamped there are lots of places to dangle on the 6 mile route The fencing having been strategically placed on the land rather than sea side of the path..

The old path was, as I recall on the land rather than edge but Clare council have to keep the farmers happy. ;-)

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliffs of Moher

When we were at Dun Aengus on Inishmore a couple of years ago, we saw a number of teenagers sitting on the edge of the cliff. I kept thinking that all it would take would be a "playful push" from an unthinking teen to send one of his/her friends off the side.

4. Re: Cliffs of Moher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:18