We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help - only 6 days for southern loop

Kansas City
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help - only 6 days for southern loop

My husband and I are going to Ireland for a week in May for our anniversary. As we are leaving our kids home with family, we can only get away for a week and already have our tickets booked flying in and out of Dublin.

We plan to rent a car and like a lot of the posts I have read, we have too much we want to see but not enough time. I have mapped out a tentative itinerary but know this is WAY too much but not sure where to cut things out.

Fri 5/2: Leave home but arrive next day.

Sat 5/3: Arrive Dublin 5:15am and walk around/see some of Dublin. Stay night in Dublin.

Sun 5/4: Rent car and drive to Doolin (know this is a long drive). Stay night in Doolin.

Mon 5/5: Visit Cliffs of Mohr in morning then drive to Dingle. Stay night in Dingle.

Tue 5/6: Drive to Killarney and visit Killarney National Park. Stay in Killarney.

Wed 5/7: Drive to Kinsdale (family member says they loved it here). Stay night in Kinsdale.

Thu 5/8: Drive to Rock of Cashel then continue on to Dublin. Stay night in Dublin

Fri 5/9: Fly out of Dublin home.

Ugh...I know this is way too ambitious but not sure what to leave off. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary help - only 6 days for southern loop

If you love beaches you'll love Dingle.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary help - only 6 days for southern loop

Interesting thought about spending less time in Dublin - hadn't considered that. Guess I assumed we should start with a full day there but maybe we should consider renting a car right at the airport when we land in Dublin and hit the road right away. Then we can end with some time Dublin.

My husband has one thing in Dublin he wants to see (ties to his family) but otherwise, we could shorten time there and eke out a bit more to spend on Dingle peninsula as that sounds more up our alley.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful. I was telling my family yesterday that I don't know how people planned trips before TripAdvisor :-)

13. Re: Itinerary help - only 6 days for southern loop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:19