We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

Hannibal, MO
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

I have visited both sites trying to get an estimate price for our budget for our September trip. I included all the insurances (regular & super), and I got 2 completely different prices. The ie site being MUCH cheaper than the .com site. Is there a reason for this, am I missing something, or what?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

The prices will fluctuate from time to time.. The Basic Hire component is the same but may be subject to currency fluctuation, The Insurance (Big Hit) content will vary as the sites use different underwriters (so I am informed) which generally give better rates .com to US license holders. I am not sure of the booking and cancelling if a better rate becomes available?? September is a Long way off ! try asking the same question on Ireland Yes, Michele is more in tune with Dooley US than I am..

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

Interesting. I just checked both sites and compared them to my existing reservation for a May pickup. The two sites were within $40 of each other for a 30 day rental. They were both more expensive than my existing reservation.

My suggestion is to find what class car you want and then call Dooley on the 800 number and make the reservation. They will most likely give you a lower rate than either of the two websites.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
769 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

Concur with paulkris. I have always dealt directly with the US office via their toll free # (800 3319301) and have found the prices they give me to be cheaper than the website. They are very helpful. Ask them any questions you have. You can make a reservation today and not pay anything until 30 days ahead of your pickup date. And if you keep an eye on the website and the price goes down less than you have reserved--give them a call and you will get the current price. I have used them for my rentals for the past four years and have been very satisfied. Have a great trip!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

kilted 2, noted that you have used Dooley on several occasions. Please may I seek your advice.

For 7 days' rental, Dooley offered €269 (includes CDW) and Irish Car Rentals offered €215.12 (includes SDW) - in your opinion, should I go with Dooley even though they are €50+ more expensive?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

YES ... but contact Dooley with the price given by the Europcar Franchise, they might match or beat it.. Just clarify the Total level of insurance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

Thanks, will follow your advice.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

as kilted advised, call dooley direct....their price is always less than what the web site gives you, or has been for me, thus far.....in fact they may throw in some extras at no charge.....

8. Re: Dandooley.ie or dandooley.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19