We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to book a cottage from?

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Who to book a cottage from?

Looking for recommendations for what cottage rental companies to use. There are so many to chose from. Thank you!!! :)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

If you do a search here you will get a big range.

I like www,dreamireland.com I have had good experiences with them but there are lots of other excellent companies.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,877 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

http://www.shamrockcottages.co.uk/ & http://www.imagineireland.com/ are the two we use but there are other options, where are you thinking of as Location?

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

We were thinking Limerick/Tipperary area. :)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

You've got a lot of good advice on your other thread. There are limited numbers of cottages for hire in the Limerick Tipperary area purely because they are not big tourist areas.

Take a look at the sites that Tony and I have posted. There really isn't an issue with house rental sites here in Ireland. If you want to double check, do a search here of the company name in the box just above the first post. People are often much quicker to come on here and complain than to come on here and praise.

You are looking for something very specific and that may not always be available in "off the beaten track" areas for self-catering such as Limerick and Tipperary.

You could, for example, fill your wishlist in Dunmore East, Co. Waterford but that's a good 80 miles away from Limerick!!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,877 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

The other problem is that you are looking for a cottage like ours, which is fine for 2 + 1 + a dog and two cats but nowhere near big enough for 6+2 that's why we have a caravan in the yard for guests.

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

You may find www.vrbo helpful. They have 23 listings in Co Limerick. I like this site over some of the others because they show reviews (1 to 5 stars, kind of like Tripadvisor! and actual reviews entered into the online guestbook by real guests. Here's link to Limerick rentals: vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…limerick.

Good luck!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

I used Imagine Ireland. I stayed in County Tipperary in a cottage in Dundrum when I stayed in Tipperary.

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

Thank you!

Bluff Dale, Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

I used Shamrock cottage rentals and I am very pleased with them so far. We have rented a cottage in the Clifden area , and then on the ring of Kerry. We will not be in Ireland until September, but the cottages look lovely , and they have answered all of my questions.

10. Re: Who to book a cottage from?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:18