We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

packing for trip

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
345 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
packing for trip

Is it necessary to pack any dress clothes? What is the attire at pubs? I was going to bring jeans and khaki pants. Thanks

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: packing for trip

Ireland is as casual as it gets

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,965 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: packing for trip

Relax, you're in your grannies.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: packing for trip

it does depend where you want to go, but personally, in 14 years holidays I never once wore a skirt. If its just pubs you will be fine. I have oftencalled in after a days walking, in boots, jeans and wet clothes and dried out by the fire. For going for a meal in the evening I would simply change into clean dry clothes, jeans and a jumper are fine.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: packing for trip

I've found, given the variable weather, to pack one of everything. :)

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,923 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: packing for trip

i'm with fuchsia, 14 years back I used to take a skirt to wear to church, then over the past few years I've noticed that slacks are acceptable.....so now I take pants only..........

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,748 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: packing for trip

Wear what you feel comfortable wearing.

And wear layers. With a waterproof top.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: packing for trip

I normally wear cotton trousers, a tshirt and a cardigan/jumper/hoody with a waterrpoof coat when in Ireland (and at home) . I rarely wear dresses, if I do, I wear them with black leggings, and that is very rare indeed. I normally wear trainers/boots. I wear jeans if its cool but dry.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
345 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: packing for trip

Thanks that helps!

9. Re: packing for trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:19