We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
115 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

Hello, I am looking for b&b's in ireland and found this site: bandbireland.com. Has anyone used this site to book B & B's? I'm trying to find out if it is a reputable and trustworthy site. Any alternatives to this? I am finding that tripadvisor doesn't have great coverage of B&B's- mainly bigger hotels?

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

Yes, it's a reputable company; I believe it's the website used by those who have purchased b&b vouchers - which are not a good thing. The website is fine to use, but doesn't give you a very good choice/range of accommodation.

Tripadvisor has the majority of b&bs listed. I usually pick 2-3 in a particular location and then enquire direct via their own website/email address (just google for details of any b&b you're interested in). They'll usually reply within 48hrs, but note that at this time of year, some may be closed, the owners may be away, so it might take a bit longer to receive details. Most will ask for credit card details, but won't take any money now; it's just a safeguard against a no-show. Some of the smaller b&bs won't have credit card facilities, so do check how they'd like you to pay.

There are some nice places featured on these websites too, and some have a link direct to the accommodation featured :

www.sawdays.co.uk/accommodation/…

http://www.hiddenireland.com/

http://www.irelands-blue-book.ie/

:-)

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
768 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

"I am finding that tripadvisor doesn't have great coverage of B&B's- mainly bigger hotels?" Boy, I disagree strongly with that assessment! Have you used this TA page?:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g186591-c2-Ireland-Ho…

I typed in Westport--64 B&Bs. Kinsale 53 B&Bs. Dingle 72 B&Bs.

I always use TA to check out B&Bs before we travel. You can get a rating, usually photos, and a lot of reviews of each B&B. TA isn't for booking though--after I decide on a B&B I'm interested in, I google for a website if none is listed. A caution---not all B&Bs have websites, but you can usually find an email to check on rates availability etc.

Also, you need to read reviews with an open mind. I am suspicious of reviews by those with only 1 or 2 reviews. I prefer to rely on reviewers who have many reviews and are less likely to be "plants".

Try using the TA page I listed and see what you think. Have a great trip!!

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
622 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

bandbireland have tried to improve their listings over the last year and now list bed and breakfasts who do not take vouchers.Best thing is to look at the website and then check on TA for further reviews etc

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

It is a reasonable site and has unfortunately overtaken some better sites (which have closed) possibly due to the over promotion by certain agencies.. You might find the accommodation they offer is outside the central areas as they are/were Voucher based.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

I have used them for the odd night's lodgings, the site is genuine, if that's your worry. the BandBs were very nice, took cash, but possibly a bit out of the way.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
11,601 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

if you'll share what areas you will be in while in Ireland you'll get tons of help and recommendations from folks that have experience with said recommendations....I've found that when you use a third party for anything it's usually more costly as that's how they make their money.....if they furnish vouchers i'd say forget that because, from experience, the cost of the voucher is about 40% higher than booking directly with the b&b........

the site kilted recommended is excellent......

Edited: 29 January 2014, 17:47
Waterford...
Level Contributor
16 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

Site is reliable and I booked a b&b TA said was unavailable for my dates with them. After I was in Ireland and traveling got an e-mail saying my booking was a mistake! BUT they offered another booking (same rate essentially - 5 Euro more) and a phone#.

Checked the new place out on TA- better rating (TA said no availability!) and there was a happy ending, so yes, I would say they are reliable.

Hope your trip went well.

sligo
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

Hi

BandB Ireland is a very reputable site. It features many bed and breakfast homes in Ireland, and gives you guide lines on ratings of the premises and also some customer reviews. We are members Rowanville Lodge Bed and Breakfast and a number of our customers book through this website it is a very secure website.

There are many bed and breakfast premises in Ireland and you can also book directly with the bed and breakfast through their own website or by email. I hope you find this helpful with your research.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

Since this post is a year old I expect they have been and gone.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bandbireland.com- anyone use this site?

Unfortunately my recent dealings with B&B Ireland have been to point out that the Skelligs are not on the Dingle way walking trail, that Cobh is beyond the end of the Wild Atlantic way only to have them claim the picture was Cork Harbour (still past Kinsale?) and just yesterday that Kylemore Abbey and the Connemara are not in Wicklow! to name but a few.

Would I book with them??