We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Visa Application

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Visa Application

Hey you guys!

So I'm applying for a Tourist visa to the Rep of Ireland for April 2014. I hold an Indian passport, so I will clearly require a standard Irish Tourist Visa. While completing my application form, I came across one small but rather confusing hurdle. The form asks for details of my host/accommodation in Ireland. I do not have family or personal contacts in Ireland; I do however, have made refundable bookings with a hostel in Cork for the first week of my stay (and am ready to do so for my entire stay period if required)

The form requires me to fill in details such as:

Name

Nationality

Occupation

Relationship to Applicant

What do you guys suggest I do here? I will clearly be staying in multiple places and multiple cities, but I couldn't possibly procure such details from every place that I'm staying at. Is that necessary? If yes, what's the best way to go about it?

Also, another problem with the form is that they don't have the option of adding multiple cities/entries - there's just one common box for each field.

Please help, I'm really derailed for thought here.

Mentioned in this post
Irish Day Tours
Irish Day Tours
4,908 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Aquaventures
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
My Ireland Tour
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Multi-day Tours
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,812 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Visa Application

Those details don't seem to be appropriate for a tourist visa, however, if the form requires those answers then you need to include details for the owner/manager of your hostel in Cork. To get this information, email the hostel.

Regarding this "Also, another problem with the form is that they don't have the option of adding multiple cities/entries - there's just one common box for each field" I'm don't understand what you mean here. However I am thinking that you don't need to include subsequent cities on the form, because once you get to your first destination (Cork), you will not have to account for your movements around the country after that. No one will ask you to produce the visa after your first destination as far as I know.

Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Visa Application

You may find some additional help here:

www.irelandinindia.com/home/index.aspx…

Quote:

The website is designed to give you information about Ireland and about the services that the Embassy provides. It can answer many of your queries, particularly in relation to visa procedures.

End Quote

The web site indicates also that Ireland has an Honorary Consul in Mumbai, among other cities in India.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 12:45
Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
3. Re: Help with Visa Application

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:17