We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

Hiya is anyone know what is the perfect time to visit in Ireland? we i mean me and my friends making the plan in First week of April for Ireland so please let me know the weather, atmosphere, places, etc.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

Weather, Unknown?

Atmosphere, What you make it..

Places, Something must have made you decide on Ireland?

Sort of a how long is a piece of string type question.. How are you planning to get about? are you planning to get about? What interests? what style/budget?

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

There is no perfect time. The time is always perfect. You make it perfect.

There's no way of predicting the weather, plan for all four seasons in one day.

Atmosphere? What are you looking for?

Places? What do you mean by "places"? Towns, villages, sites, pubs, shops...?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,624 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

Ireland is a dynamic rather than a static entity. It is constantly changing, constantly evolving.

The weather changes from day to day and is rarely predictable. Since December of last year we have just had a conveyor belt of Atlantic Storms. Every time we think we've had THE STORM of the winter, another one comes along and rubbishes the existing metereological records. If the people of Limerick had been able to forecast the weather last weekend, they would have been able to perhaps protect their houses a bit more against the dreadful flooding

In terms of places to visit - thats up to you. We know absolutely nothing about you.

The best thing to do is take a look at some guide books and the top questions to the right.

Trip Advisor is an active not a passive process. You need to help us to help you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

I went in 2004 in early February and it was perfect.

Last year I went in mid-May and it was perfect.

This year I am going in early-June and I fully anticipate perfection.

The weather is rarely ever "perfect" in my experience, there may be a few hours where it is sunny and 60 degrees but 30 minutes later it will likely be "soft" and 45. Last year in the time it took to walk from Pearse St. to the Old Library in Trinity (no more than 15 minutes if that) it rained, snowed and was sunny. In February the days were shorter but we ran into very few tourists and felt like we got to see more of the "real Ireland". In May the days were longer and the weather a little warmer but the lines were longer and prices higher for lodging. From what I can tell so far planning the June trip this year prices are slightly more again and I anticipate again running into lots of tourists but it is all good.

Decide what you want to do. Do you want to enjoy fantastic scenery? Explore ancient ruins? Visit castles and manor houses? Explore Ireland's artistic side? Go on extended hikes? Go fishing? Visit religious sites? Drown in a sea of Guinness and Jameson? All the above and more are available in nearly every corner of the country I have been to. YOU have to decide what is important to you and the fine folks here will help you make the best choices.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

Have a look at these questions that will narrow things down for you - and for us:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k17635…

For weather:

met.ie/climate-ireland/climate-of-ireland.asp

April 2013:

met.ie/climate/…clim-2013-Apr.pdf

Check previous to 2013:

met.ie/climate/monthly-weather-reports.asp

None of the above will actually let you know what type of weather this April will turn out like!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,009 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

haley, for me may is perfect....I've been in april, may, and september ......now I go strictly in may....it is before high season, the prices of b&bs and rental cars are less costly as they go up in june....the wild flowers are in glorious bloom and the daylight hours are long....all tourist sights are open.....

just share some info with us....where will you fly into and out of, do you like castles, ruins, natural scenery, sitting in a pub visiting with the locals, big cities or small villages, etc.?.....will you have a car?....

as clauds said, (welcome back clauds) it's perfect all the time....just some months are wetter, and much shorter than others.....

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
768 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

8. Re: What is the perfect time to visit Ireland ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:20