We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Size

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Size

We have booked a Toyota Corolla or similar Compact 4 Door through Auto Europe with Budget at Dublin Airport.There will be 4 of us with luggage and my question is will this size car be able to fit us in? The Toyota on the website looks like a sedan which should be OK but what if we get another car? Thanks for your help

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Size

A Toyota Corolla might be OK to seat 4 people, but there is little likelihood that you will get all of your luggage in the trunk (boot). The Hertz website clearly states that a Compact Toyota Corolla will hold only 2 large suitcases.

https:/…

It has been my experience from two trips to Ireland that the specifications for the trunks are never as large as they advertise.. For example, we rented a Full Size car from Hertz that was supposed to hold two large suitcases and 1 small suitcase. In fact, we were just able to get 3 small (22-inch carry on bags) in the trunk. Thank goodness we were traveling light!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Size

If you can carry your baggage from the terminal to the hire car then that is the size of case car hire companies work on,, If you need a trolley to get the sea trunk through the airport you are going to struggle..

All hire sites give ********* or equivalent.. so the car you get the keys to might not be a Corrola but should be the same size group. Personally with 4 of you I might be looking up a size at an Avensis/Passat/Octavia and maybe diesel engined in that size range.

tripadvisor.ie/…42865454

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Size

Thanks Longhorn, Tony I think we will go up a size

4. Re: Rental Car Size

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18