We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Coast suggestions

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
West Coast suggestions

My husband and I are planning a 2 week vacation to Ireland this July. We're flying into Dublin and spending 4 days in that area. Then taking train to Sligo and spending 4 days in that area. The next leg of the trip we're planning on renting a car and have 5 nights to drive to Shannon (where we fly out). Any suggestions on an itinerary from Sligo to Shannon? So many places, it's hard to narrow it down!

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: West Coast suggestions

Your particular interests will help with suggestions.

Do you want to go rural, urban, town, village and/or city, for example?

Hotel, guesthouse and/or B&B?

Will you have a rental car for the Sligo -Shannon part?

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Coast suggestions

I want to do it all! That is the trouble with only having 5 additional nights. I'm thinking more country scenic sights will be at the top of our list for this area. We will rent a car for the Sligo-Shannon part. I'd like to explore as much as possible but at a slow pace. My husband also wants to visit Galway so we have to work that in too. I'm thinking guesthouse or B&B.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Coast suggestions

You might get some things from http://goo.gl/maps/gl8uv

Tinley Park
Level Contributor
374 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Coast suggestions

When looking at this map, I see Benwee Head. Looks very interesting:) We will be traveling from Downpatrick Head to Balleycroy, is it worth making the little side trip to see? We were hoping to get to Achill Island this trip but I seem to keep finding other things I'd like to see. We prefer to meander and explore not busy tourist attractions. We leave two weeks from today, can hardly wait!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Coast suggestions

Like all the coast around there yes, but being honest its a bit of a narrow winding trip to get a photo but an amazing trip to hike the craggy shore.. I'm not as young as I once was and some things just look at me and laugh.. Benwee is one of those places..

https:/…

6. Re: West Coast suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19