We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic journeys

ATL
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Classic journeys

Can someone give me feedback on classic journeys tours?

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
40 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Classic journeys

I have taken the Scotland and one of their England tours. Absolutely first rate. They delivered on their promises.

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classic journeys

I've taken several Classic Journeys tours. My experience has been a mixed bag. The romantic descriptions of the trips are well, mostly approximations. If you are the kind of person who wants exactly what was promised, CJ is not for you.

The tour guides have been very professional. I think they're the best part of CJ.

The hotels are not great, not terrible. Somehow they seem to often book hotels that were once top of the line and are now a little shabby. I can't help but wonder if the tours were created when the hotels were grand and CJ hasn't updated since then?

The food has been variable. Not sure who decides where the group eats. Some tours have consistently great food and some have consistently mediocre food.

For future reference: if I am going to a place in Europe, I'll skip CJ and arrange my own guides if needed. I don't think they're a good value in that situation. But if I'm going some place very exotic and I don't know where to start, I'd consider using CJ to book a tour.

3. Re: Classic journeys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2015, 05:15