We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low air fares

Kent, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Low air fares

Looking for a secret to low airfare to Ireland from the US

Green Bay WI
Level Contributor
128 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low air fares

Last year we purchased a trip that included air fare. It was much cheaper than purchasing the pieces separately. We went through Sceptre Tours. The website Kayak is also very good at comparing prices.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low air fares

I also did a Great Value Vacation ( owned by Sceptre tours, which is owned my Aer LAingus ) fly, drive & stay package. The whole trip cost the same as airfare only if bought separately. They offer several different packages but beware of the BnB vouchers in some packages as there are complaints on the Forum. I paid $24 extra to fly in & out of Shannon instead of Dublin, upgraded to an automatic car and bought trip insurance, it was still cheaper than airfare alone. There are also train and full tour options if driving doesn't appeal.

Safe journeys,

Sunny

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low air fares

Sceptre Tours are not owned by Aer Lingus - they are an independent Tour operator.

anyway, there is no secret about air fares - my suggestion would be to sign up with the various airline websites for their fare alerts and consider flying from regional airports to connect with the main hubs.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low air fares

you could find a bargain flight to uk or somewhere in Europe, with a cheap connecting flight to Ireland. some comparison sites like travel supermarket can come up with good deals that sometimes one stop over.

aerlingus currently have bargains to promote their new usa flights.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low air fares

Oops !! So sorry, I am misinformed !

Sunny

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Low air fares

The "Flights" Tab at the top of the page (on the green bar) is good for comparing prices and will alert you when prices tumble.

I also use Skyscanner www.skyscanner.com to compare prices. They will send you alerts as well.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low air fares

the secret is to book when you are happy with the price and then NEVER LOOK AGAIN as they will go down immediately!!

dublin
Level Contributor
131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low air fares

If I could upvote your comment fucshia2014 I would :) Very well said.

9. Re: Low air fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:15