We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days in Ireland-help me plan

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
12 days in Ireland-help me plan

I am planning a trip to Ireland the first 2 weeks of July. I was offered a house in Galway to stay in as a home base. I can fly into Shannon and fly out of Dublin. Would love to know what the must sees are -----I plan on renting a car and exploring and I will stay in a hotel or B&B if I cannot get back to the Galway house. So can someone help me plan a 12 day trip?????

Thanks!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,106 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days in Ireland-help me plan

Where in Galway might be a help? If you are willing to do an overnight stay then most of the island should be accessable..What places would You like to visit, what activities would You like to do?

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days in Ireland-help me plan

The house is located in Glenlusk, Cornamona. I am open to everything! I have never been to Ireland so anything you can suggest is appreciated

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days in Ireland-help me plan

You are lucky to be based in a beautiful part of Connemara. You will be close to Lough Corrib and within short driving distance of Lough Mask and Lough Nafooey. Last year we stayed just over the mountain in Cloughbrack for a week and used that as our base for touring all parts of Connemara (Clifden, Kylemore Abbey, Leenane) and the southern part of Mayo. Be sure to venture up toward Westport and even as far as Achill Island in Mayo. The drive from Westport through Louisburgh to Leenane is beautiful. Also, the Lough Mask Drive toward Tourmakeady is very scenic. If you have the time I recommend the Museum of Country Life a few miles outside of Castlebar, Mayo. The Burren and Cliffs of Moher would be a long drive but is still possible as a day trip from your home. For the pub scene check out Clonbur and Cong.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 05:46
4. Re: 12 days in Ireland-help me plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 12:05
5. Re: 12 days in Ireland-help me plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15