We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

We are planning a trip to Ireland this summer or fall. Should we go June, July, August, or September?

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

I would say June or September, in that order, but with no further information its a bit difficult to say.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,558 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

July and August would be the busier months .

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,505 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

We spent the month of August in Ireland and Northern Ireland (as well as a little of July and September). We loved that it stayed light late into the evening, and we only had to wait in line a couple of times in 5 weeks. It was never hard to get a table for dinner.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

if may is doable that's my favorite because all of those beautiful wildflowers are blooming the the photos you take are breath taking....

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

Any of those months are equally good for me, however early September has the advantage of the schools being back in session here resulting in slightly less busy visitor sights, restaurants, accommodation. Temperatures are still balmy and all accommodations/ visitor sights are still open.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

For Cork City, it will hardly matter. Although there are more tourists around in the summer, this is vastly outweighed by the number of students who leave the city during this period.

Where you will notice a difference is West Cork (and Kinsale) which will have higher tourist numbers in the summer months. If you're planning on going to that area, I'd suggest June and September would be the best options.

7. Re: When to visit Cork and the south of Ireland.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:15