We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Value Vacations

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Great Value Vacations

Hi.

«Great Value Vacations» offers very good prices for self-guided tours in Ireland. Almost too cheap to be true.

Did anyone buy a package with that company? How was it?

Thank you.

42 replies to this topic
Marshall, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Value Vacations

I have been wondering the same thing. I'll sure appreciate replies from anyone who has experience with Great Value Vacations, especially in Ireland.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Value Vacations

Some recent posts on GVV; they're worth reading :

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k687…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k609…

I recommend you examine the packages on offer from Great Value Vacations and see if they meet your requirements: what do you want to see and experience in Ireland? Check the hotels they use, see if they're to your liking and suitably located (some may not be city/town centre).

If you come back to us with a link to the package you're interested in, we should be able to help more

:-)

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Value Vacations

I have done a GVV . DO read the above threads as this has become a repeated topic. People have very mixed opinions of the hotels involved and everybody hates the BnB vouchers because many BnBs don't want to use them and there was too much zig-zagging around to get to them. My trip was A-OK because I was in only one location, Adare Manor (castle) in one if their 3+ bedroom villas which was fantastic and flew in and out of Shannon, MUCH better than Dublin, for an extra $23. I would recommend the Adare trip but you would have to read the previous threads from other posters as to why they were not happy with theirs.

PM me for more info.

Safe Journeys,

Sunny

South Pasadena...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Value Vacations

I just returned from the trip to Ireland. Bought through GVV. I would not recommend anyone to book travel through them. First, they never sent me any vouchers. I had to call them and find out on my own. Now, the itinerary, it was way too much of driving. We did 700 miles in 7 days. It's ridiculous!!! The hotels for the first and third night were not acceptable. We even ditched the second night at the castle bar because of the hotel and it's location. The hotel needed 10 mill upgrade. Most of the hotels are far from local attractions . Driving too much!!! GVV- never again!!!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,801 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Value Vacations

Daiva, can you please tell us the names of the accommodations you found to be unacceptable and give us an idea of your itinerary.

You don't provide us with enough information to discuss your issues. Generally those of us who post here DON'T recommend the vouchers.

south...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Value Vacations

Im not discussing any issues. I'm just reviewing /summarizing our trip.

here is the itinerary

night vacation package includes:

Round-trip economy class airfare from New York (JFK) to Dublin (DUB)

Manual shift economy car rental for duration

1 night at the Aspect Hotel in Kilkenny (room only)

2 nights at the Inn at Dromoland in Clare (room only)

2 nights at the Breaffy House Hotel and Spa or Harlequin Hotel in Mayo (room only)

1 night at the Citywest Hotel in Dublin (room only)

PLUS!:

Breakfast daily

Admission to Cliffs of Moher

Tour of House of Waterford Crystal

Admission to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park

Aspect hotel was Ok for one night . King size bed room was 2 twin beds put together.

Now, the Breaffy house hotel was terrible. they called it resort and spa. that's a joke.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Value Vacations

I booked an Italian trip through them and all I can recommend it to STAY AWAY!! You get what you pay for. Hard to find accommodations in the middle of nowhere and absolutely zero help or customer service from Great Value. Their attitude is "we have your money, figure everything else out on your own". I am a frequent traveler and this company was by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Save yourself the time and aggravation and book through a legitimate agency.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
15,215 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Value Vacations

Oh my goodness gracious! Many thanks to all, for sharing your experience.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Value Vacations

I think the clue is in "value" - which i interpret as meaning "budget" or rooms that hotels can't offload elsewhere. Sorry posters some have had disappointing holidays. My advice would be to research thoroughly before booking. In particular, research locations of hotels offered, as it seems that they're often in remote or inconvenient locations - and do check reviews here on Tripadvisor.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Value Vacations

The Adare package is fantastic because the villas are great. I have done it and loved it. The other packages with hotels, Castle stays, and BnBs have mixed reviews.

Cheers,

Sunny

Reply to: Great Value Vacations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted