We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour scam?

Macon, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Tour scam?

We've finally booked six people to Ireland but it has been a fight to get Great Value Vacations to respond. They WILL NOT call us back. Finally, they took $12,000 and I've had to wait on hold over an hour, make multiple calls to finally get a confirmation number verbally. This has ALL THE MARKINGS OF A SCAM. I know we can decline the charge on our cc's but really? Does anyone else have these problems?

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour scam?

Use the forum search feature, plenty of people have used this company. No need to fret.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour scam?

The company have been going for a while now so must be fairly reliable.. If you have concerns them cancel you can put together as good or better package yourself with a little help from the forums.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour scam?

Check out this post from last year on the topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k60966…

And, from earlier this year:

tripadvisor.com/…49160454

Macon, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour scam?

After again chasing THEM, a lady named Karen promised at 1:30 PM to have the supervisor, Debbie Galvin to call me back after she returned from lunch. At 3:30 PM I called, waited on hold a while and spoke to another, "Karen" who said the other Karen was busy and the Debbie wouldn't answer. She insisted I speak to Derrick who was the booking salesperson. Derrick explained that one of the hotels had booked a wedding and was not available, so the tour was off. He apologized for not contacting me (they never do) and said the charge cards were never charged. Every hitch was some excuse, I've spent several hours in total waiting on hold chasing them. What would you think? I'd never known our trip was off unless I chased them. This started Friday March28th. Today is April 4th.

5. Re: Tour scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:17