We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the bus to bray and enniskerry from dublin

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taking the bus to bray and enniskerry from dublin

Hello

ill be staying in Dublin for one week

and I usually try to avoid public transportation(I cant drive either) and I don't mind walking,

however during my trip I also want to go to enniskerry house and gardens and the powerscourt house,and since for both trips would be 4 to 5 hours walking I need to use the bus,

need to switch busses for both destinations so no one way busses

I was wondering is there anything like a bus card you can just buy so I don't have to keep buying my ticket each time I switch bus,i really don't speak English very well so i feel uncomfortable asking

Killarney Tour & Taxi Service
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the bus to bray and enniskerry from dublin

See if something here works for you:

dublinbus.ie/en/…

dublinbus.ie/en/…

Following the advice below, you could also get the DART to Bray, Co Wicklow and then the bus to Enniskerry, Co Wicklow - plus a walk, after that:

wicklowmountainsnationalpark.ie/publictransp…

www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dart

irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dart#dayweekl…

Alternatively, you can look at organized Day Tours from Dublin:

www.dublinsightseeing.ie/southcoast.aspx

irishcitytours.com/index3-daytours-tour4.php

http://www.daytourswicklow.ie

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the bus to bray and enniskerry from dublin

The only card that I think would suit your purpose, is a Leap Card, which you can buy on line - https:/…CardPurchase.aspx

When you buy the card for the first time, it will cost you €5, which can be used as credit for fares, and you would also have to buy another €5 credit - that is a total of €10 credit on your card. From what I can understand, you can then use this card to travel as often as you wish on the buses, and the maximum amount that it will cost you in any one day would be €6.90. Ig you were using a combination of bus/LUAS tram/DART train, then the maximum charge for the day would be €10 - dublinbus.ie/en/…

To get to Bray, you get bus #145 from the city centre.

Then you get bus # 185 from Bray train station, which serves Enniskerry and Powerscourt - dublinbus.ie/en/…

You should read this timetable carefully, as not every #185 goes to Powerscourt.

From what I can see, you could also get bus #44 from the city centre that will take you out directly to Enniskerry, but not to Powerscourt - dublinbus.ie/en/…

3. Re: Taking the bus to bray and enniskerry from dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16