We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation plan

Ottawa
Level Contributor
303 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation plan

Hello again! I wanted to run my transportation plan by you guys before I finalized them, would love your comments, tweaks, etc.

3 nights in Dublin (Clontarf Castle) - taxi's from airport, taxi's and double decker bus while there.

Dublin - Killarney - train (is it just me or is the Irish rail site really hard to use?). We're a group of 9 adults (some seniors) and 1 toddler - any advice on getting the best price?

Upon arrival in Killarney, 2 people (the drivers) will take a taxi to car rental (either in town if we go with budget, or Kerry airport) to pick up rental cars. Rest of the group will take taxis to our rental house.

6 nights in Kerry - cars, walking, bikes. Possibly a taxi or two back from the pub ;)

Reverse process to get back to Dublin.

Make sense?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation plan

Between 06:50 and 23:30 the 130 bus will take you in and out of town.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation plan

Irish Rail is running some 9.99 Euro special fares right now (Internet Purchase ONLY). Believe the earliest that you can book is 28 days ahead. You can buy online and collect tickets the day of travel.

Kerry Airport is the next train stop AFTER Killarney, so the two drivers MIGHT just buy tickets TO there, if you decide NOT to collect car in town.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation plan

Yes, dont get off the train to get a taxi to the airport when the next stop on the train line IS the airport!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation plan

Oh perfect thanks! Hopefully I would have realized that when I looked into it more, haha!

5. Re: Transportation plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16