We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Has anyone had any experience with Easy Tour Ireland? I was considering renting a car from Dan Dooley. However, Easy Tour Ireland's rates are, at least, $400 cheaper for the same type vehicle and all the insurance. Just makes me a little nervous that there is such a difference in price.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Surprised there's such a big difference; these posts might help:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k729…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k541…

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Have you spoken to Dooley on their Toll Free US number and asked them to explain.. You will more than likely get a better deal over the phone than you will online.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Just booked with Easy Tour Ireland - first time with an 'agent' for me and I don't actually pick up the car til 23 May. Quote includes SCDW, only tires/wheels excluded. It was definitely the lowest all inclusive price I obtained, but not such a great difference as described by the OP. Fingers crossed it will be fine, I'll come back and let you know!

Northwest Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

I rented thru them last July and everything went very smoothly. It's like renting with Hertz at a all inclusive discounted rate and payment at the end of the rental instead of in advance. As I noted in a previous post Dan Dooley's quoted rates were nearly double that of ETI, strictly due to my age (71). Perhaps that is why the difference for you? If you are using their Internet quote vehicle, try inputting a different age and see. Another factor could be you didn't use a discount code in getting the Dan Dooley quote. I don't know any but perhaps some of the trip advisor faithful do?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

We had a very good experience with Hertz. We rented an automatic with a GPS. One thing that was recommended to us was to take the time to have the rep make note of every dent and scratch on your rental car. There will be plenty! You don't want to be accused of something you didn't do.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Yes, I received the quote from them via their toll free number.

Ocean Shores...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Likewise got quotes from Easy Tour and Dooley for a 14 day period in Oct. Dooley was about $75 higher... But... It is payable in Euros when I rent over in Ireland. Dooley wanted to be paid 30 days prior, in dollars so no credit card fees. 3% will amount to $15-20 AND we don't know what the Euro/Dollar ratio will be in 5 months. The $ has been showing some weakness lately!

Rvflyer

Upstate New York
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

You might want to compare features/inclusion between both and see if something is missing on the EasyTour Quote. They usually quote with all inclusion except for tire and wheel damage. Why don't you call both companies and speak to them. That may clarify things. There are countless positive post on TA regarding EasyTour Ireland. YOu can search for them.

Ocean Shores...
Level Contributor
305 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

Likewise got quotes from Easy Tour and Dooley for a 14 day period in Oct. Dooley was about $75 higher... But... It is payable in Euros when I rent over in Ireland. Dooley wanted to be paid 30 days prior, in dollars so no credit card fees. 3% will amount to $15-20 AND we don't know what the Euro/Dollar ratio will be in 5 months. The $ has been showing some weakness lately!

Rvflyer

I did check with both companies about the particulars. Easy Tour covers glass mirrors etc but not tires and rims. Nobody in Ireland covers tire and rims. Would need an additional daily policy from insurance4carhire or an annual policy from questor to get tires and rims

Rvflyer

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Easy Tour Ireland Hertz Car Rental

@rvflyer9:

You might the person to clarify this for me.

Under FAQs on the insurance 4 car hire web site, in answer to the question -

'Can I purchase an Insurance4carhire policy if I am not a UK resident?'

The response is that policies are available only to residents of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) - basically, EU countries plus some others:

http://www.insurance4carhire.com/faq.aspx

A full list of those countries is supplied.

http://www.insurance4carhire.com/faq.aspx

Edited: 08 May 2014, 15:14