We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Irish trip

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Irish trip

I am trying to plan our trip to Ireland and am frozen with indecision. We plan to leave Fort Myers FL on August 20th and return on either August 30th or 31st. Cannot go any other time. Of course, we want to see all the major sights! Would like to fly into Dublin and leave from Shannon. Intend to visit Belfast and the Giant's Causeway. But no self-driving - that's not even an option. Would it be sensible to use Dublin as a base and take day-trips or short tours? One thing I MUST do is to go to Ardfert,Tralee, Kerry to see where my ancestors came from. The more I think about things the more I get confused. Does anyone have some good, solid suggestions for me?

Thank you

Karen

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,392 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Irish trip

Into DUB and out of SNN gives options..

I would get off the flight and catch the Belfast Bus from the airport on arrival. have 2 days there before dropping to Dublin for another 2.

So 6 days left maybe catch the train to Killarney for 2 days and tour a bit from there. You can get the bus to Tralee and then to Ardfert spend the night there or Tralee?

That leaves Limerick or Ennis between there and your last night in Shannon (Oakwood Arms?)

2. Re: First Irish trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16