We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM in Dublin Ireland

Visalia, California
1 post
Save Topic
ATM in Dublin Ireland

I will be traveling to Dublin, Ireland next week and I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to go to withdraw money at a low rate? also if you had any tips for me

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,371 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM in Dublin Ireland

Janette, the rate comes from your own bank. There are no charges for ATMs here.

In terms of tips, just take the usual precautions when withdrawing money. Check the machine to make sure it doesn't have a fake front. Cover your "keying in" hand with your other hand so that any hidden camera cannot see your pin. Be aware of your surroundings. If possible use an ATM in an enclosed space e.g. a shop or a bank.

From a travel perspective. go to the Dublin forum and do a quick read of the Top Questions. It should give you lots of information.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,431 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM in Dublin Ireland

janette, bean's advice is right on.....there are atms at the Dublin airport.....I just use my debit card, not a credit card....be sure to tell your bank you will be out of the country or they may deny you access thinking the card has been stolen.....

3. Re: ATM in Dublin Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16