We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothes to bring..

Palmdale, California
2 posts
Save Topic
clothes to bring..

we will be travelling to dublin from june 13 to 23 what kind of clothes shall we bring.

thank you.

Bluff Dale, Texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothes to bring..

I have not been yet, going in September, but from what I have gleaned from TA, I would say layers. T-shirts, Jeans, travel pants, long sleeve t-shirts . Anything you can layer and then take off if the weather gets warm. Most importantly a rain jacket. Pretty sure in Ireland you are going to get rained on sooner or later. Enjoy your trip.

Coventry, Rhode...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: clothes to bring..

I just returned last month, and can't stress layers enough. We had unusually good weather (it was even 70 one day!), but it did rain our first few days. The days that it rained, the weather changed every 20 minutes. Sun, rain, sun, sprinkles, and even hail! I was extremely thankful for my raincoat the first few days. Most often, I wore neutral crop pants with more colorful tops. A hooded sweater also served me well. One travel tip I didn't heed and should have: Leave the hairdryer at home! I checked the voltage, had the proper plug adapter, and the second I plugged it in, it sizzled and popped. I never even turned it on! Destroyed the hairdryer and the adapter... Most places we stayed had a dryer in the room, so I didn't really need to bring it anyway. Enjoy your trip!

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothes to bring..

Standard list, does for any season.

Underwear and socks. Short sleeved tee shirt, long sleeved over shirts, one warm woolly, one fleece. one waterproof. 2 pairs jeans ,one pair smarter trousers. One pair walking boots, one pair lightweight shoes.

Woolly hat and gloves. Sunglasses.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clothes to bring..

I think I have a hairdryer somewhere, but digging it out and taking it on holiday with me?

Lowell...
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clothes to bring..

A hat (and, even though it's not "clothes", sunscreen---or be sure to buy some once over!). I was not prepared to actually see long hours of blazing hot sun, and now I am paying the price 5 days in! It's fine, though: the current rain in Dublin actually feels even more amazing because of it!

Dublin
Level Contributor
914 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clothes to bring..

Fleece with a hood.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clothes to bring..

Light cotton quick dry trousers, tshirt, and a cardigan with a light weight coat..:)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clothes to bring..

What would you consider a light weight coat though? Haha, I live in Florida and our heavy coats are cardigans.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: clothes to bring..

A waterproof one...erm...rain mac you might call them?

I'm from the other side of the Irish sea and get a lot of rain myself here too.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: clothes to bring..

Lightweight but waterproof