We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

West Point, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

I need help planning a route in September for an 11 Night Stay in Ireland. We are flying into Dublin on a Monday Early Morning and Flying out the following Thursday in the afternoon. We have a 2 night stay in Dublin and then from there..... see my issue? There are so many websites and so much to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

Welcome to the forum. There is so much to see and do in Ireland that the hardest part is not deciding what to do; it's deciding what to leave out. What drew you there in the beginning? Castles, pubs, scenery, or all of the above?

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

I think you will have to give us a bit more information about your likes and dislikes as regards what you want/do not want to see or do on a holiday, otherwise I think you are unlikely to get any assistance/suggestions.

However, the first thing that I will tell you - assuming that you will be hiring a car - is that you will not require the car until the morning that you are leaving Dublin.

Pelham, New...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

Hi -

I'm in the same boat! Hubby and I are looking at a 10-day trip leaving boston in mid-September, flying into Dublin and possibly home from Shannon. I'm overwhelmed with info, and trying to process it all. This would be our first trip to Ireland, but we've done two trips to Italy, both of which were a mix of city and countryside. I'm thinking of doing the first two nights in Dublin, then renting a car and driving either west toward Galway or southwest toward Cork, spending a minimum of 2 nights in and around Galway, Kerry, Clare, Limerick, and Cork. I think Connemara is as far north as we can go without trying to do too much (been there, done that).

Will keep an eye on replies from all of the wonderful posters on this board. Thanks in advance.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,373 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

Check these out also for help in deciding your priorities:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k17635…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186591-c138899/Irela…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186591-c138981/Irela…

West Point, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

We would hope to see the Cliffs of Moher, Ring of Kerry, Ring of Kerry, Galway, Killarney and Cork. There are so many places to see but with only 10-11 Days we are limited.

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

Most of your touring goals, just about all, are in the western part of the country. Is Dublin a must? Shannon is a first-class airport and handy to the west. Big time saver. Already booked flights?

Pelham, New...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

No flights yet, but I'm modeling this trip on one we did a couple of years ago to Italy. We flew into Milan and spent the first week touring the Lakes Region, ending up in Venice for the last three days and flying home from there. The one change is that I'd like to begin our trip with the "city" part (Dublin), and end with the more laid back "country" part. We also have a friend who teaches at Trinity College.

Seymour, Connecticut
Level Contributor
78 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

I've been to many many cities and I didn't find Dublin impressive at all. My wife and I are to Ireland for 10 days in late July/early August are skipping Dublin. We are flying in and out of Shannon.

I made a post about it on a forum that can be found at

tripadvisor.com/…58598163

West Point, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

Yeah, flights for us are already booked. Fly into Dublin at 8am and we planned on staying two nights and then traveling out. We got a car for the day we leave Dublin, we were advised not to rent one while we were in Dublin.

10. Re: Help Planning A Route in Ireland for an 11 Night Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17