We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vow renewal

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Vow renewal

My husband and I will be at Dromoland Castle on June 17 th and want to renew our wedding vows. We have a location but cannot find anyone to officiate for under 400 Euros. Help! That is not in our budget. Anyone know where we could find someone to help for a lesser fee?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,278 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vow renewal

Vow renewal is not a common practice in Ireland.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,466 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vow renewal

Is it a religious service you are seeking?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,278 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vow renewal

You might also like to post on boards.ie on the wedding pages, somebody there might be able to help you out.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php…

Good luck with it and congrats.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,800 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vow renewal

Tracy D, I think it's a lovely idea to renew your wedding vows but do you really need an official person to guide you along? You already went through a ceremony at your wedding. It was official then, does it really need to be official again? Particularly at that cost? Your marriage stands. Do you really need someone to confirm it? Can you not just slip out to some private location and renew your vows to each other with maybe just a few friends around?

If I was going to do this with my husband of 31 years I have picked the location already. We would do this, just the two of us. It's a private moment re-affirming your love for each other and your commitment. I don't think it needs an official.

Just my opinion.

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vow renewal

It would be nice, but it is more about romance and symbolism. Not a necessity.

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vow renewal

Thank you for your thoughts. We will be happy doing as you suggested as well, but we're thinking it would be a nice touch and a bit more formal of a memory.

Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vow renewal

Have you asked at Dromoland castle if they have anybody they might have used in the past??

I just found these on the internet - maybe you could give them a call! Good luck!

dreamirishwedding.com/renew-wedding-vows-in-…

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vow renewal

Thanks, I'll take a look. Dromoland did recommend someone but it was too pricey.

ny
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vow renewal

i know this thread is old but how can i find someone to do the ofiating?

10. Re: Vow renewal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2016, 07:15