We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punch cards

Waterloo, Iowa
5 posts
Save Topic
Punch cards

Do the B&B's in Ireland offer punch cards for nightly stays?

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
677 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Punch cards

Can you explain what you mean by punch cards

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,938 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punch cards

Not a term I have ever heard either

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
15,695 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punch cards

I see on-line places, (restaurant & a B&B) in the western U.S., offering a punch card for loyalty...

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punch cards

I think they mean like those cards you get in coffee shops, when you have five or ten cups punched you get a free cup. No, OP, I have never heard of B&Bs having them.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punch cards

I think its some kind of preloaded card which entitles you to use facilities in the resort. I could be completely wrong here but the little info I managed to google leans towards this.

Waterloo, Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Punch cards

I have heard of them being used in Scotland and England - they are pre-loaded punch cards which I think can also be called loyalty cards. When you stay at one of the B&B's they punch the card then the B&B owners are reimbursed for the stay at their establishment.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,938 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punch cards

I think the quick answer to this is 'no'

Waterloo, Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Punch cards

My aunt visited Scotland and England a few years ago and used them - they are pre-loaded punch cards or a loyalty card (I think is the same thing). When you stay at one of the B&B's they punch the card then the B&B owners are reimbursed for the stay at their establishment.

Waterloo, Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Punch cards

Thank you for the quick replies!!

10. Re: Punch cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 07:16