We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private day tours

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
69 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Private day tours

We will be staying in Adare in August. While we will have a rental car,I was thinking of doing a tour for one day to either Dingle or Ring of Kerry. I thought it would be nice for my husband to have a day off from driving! Are there any companies that would pick us up at hotel and do a day tour? Thanks for any help!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,484 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private day tours

If you drive down to Killarney you can pick up a day tour from there. Killarney is about 90 minutes from Adare.

Both Deros and O'Connors do tours from Killarney. However they are not private tours.

www.derostours.com

www.oconnorautotours.ie

This is a private tour operator based in Limerick. I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about him, except what I googled http://www.tourlimerick.com/tour/kerry/

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
69 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private day tours

Thank you for the info!

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
190 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private day tours

Midway Ireland Tours, (Roghan Headen) runs private tours. We had a great experience. Full disclosure, he is a friend of a friend in Ireland-although we stand no gain from recommending him--https://www.facebook.com/MidwayIrelandTours

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,484 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private day tours

Banewoman, most people are friends of friends in Ireland :o)

Its good to have a recommendation. Thanks.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private day tours

I've done deros tours in killarney and they do a wonderful job...stop better than a dozen times for photo ops, in the a.m. for tea, lunch an hour, again in the p.m.....one trip we stopped for a sheep dog demonstration, another time at a small folk like village, sorry can't remember the name but it was lovely.....

the drivers are very knowledgeable and friendly to the max.....as was stated you'd need to drive to killarney though as they wouldn't drive to adare for pick up....well worth the time IMHO.......

almost forgot...you can book online before your trip....

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
190 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private day tours

Good point Bean! :)

7. Re: Private day tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16