We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost finished, just a few more thoughts.

FL
Level Contributor
155 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Almost finished, just a few more thoughts.

Well, with all of your help, I think I have our upcoming trip aplnned with a few exceptions.

Please let me know if I am missing some unique, interesting stops along the way.

Decided to forgo Skelling Michael, as I get really seasick and then wouldn't want to climb after being ill.

July 9:

Depart for Knock, Ireland 10:50 am, Gatwick, arrive noon. Meet family

Night at Ashford Castle

July 10:

Falconry

Explore Ashford

Dinner at Ashford

Night at Ashford

July 11:

Explore Ashford

Glengowa Mines

Drive to Clifden

Sunset kayak

night in Clifden

July 12:

Hike Connemara Park

night in Clifden

July 13:

Open

night along way

July 14:

What to see do?

Night in Kenmare

July 15:

Beara Peninsula- will use drive route suggested by a TA review

Night in Kenmare

July 16: Kenmare to Kilkenny

Cahir Castle

Swiss Cottage on way to Ballybur/Kilkenny

Kilkenny Castle for Comhaltis at the Castle song and dance 8:30-10:30pm

Night outside Kilkenny

July 17:

Kilkenny cycling tours

Night outside Kilkenny

July 18:

7 Castle of Kells

Drive to Dublin

Dublin sights

Night in Dublin

July 19:

flight to Gatwick

I need to add fishing(lake or stream) for my husband and daughter.

Torc waterfall?

Thought about staying in Dingle that extra night but we have a quite a bit of coastal time? So i am open to suggestions. Would prefer to stay away from all the tourist traps, love nature unspoiled.

Sheep herding?

Any must sees, dos i am missing along our driving route?

Thanks again!

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost finished, just a few more thoughts.

Regarding your visit to Cahir Castle then Swiss Cottage on the way to Ballybur/Kilkenny: you can walk to the Swiss Cottage from the car park at the castle. It's about a mile each way through a pretty stretch of woodland opening up to views of the river and a golf course. The path is well-marked. A simple walk through the Irish countryside lingers in the memory of our visit there. For me, it was always the smallest things in Ireland that carried the most weight. Perhaps because the path is not on any must-see list, it somehow becomes more personal. Your own little bit of Ireland.

2. Re: Almost finished, just a few more thoughts.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 07:15