We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel republic anyone for problems with them

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
travel republic anyone for problems with them

hi everyone

i was on trivago last week ,,was looking for hotel or apartment for gran canaria for december 13th to 27th december..

i came accross dunas suites and villa resort in maspalomas ,and travel republic and amoma.com

were the same price ,,i clicked on travel republic ,it showed 2 adults 1 child ,suite bunglow for two weeks all inclusive €842:00 euro total price

i booked this ,and it said i could make €1 euro deposit and pay it off ,or pay the rest in november

it was booked 26th june... i rang them later too ask them was this correct price and was my booking made ,and i also wanted to ask could i have the bunglow near a pool..

they said yes it was correct price and they had my booking ,and they will request the bunglow near a pool ,but i might not get it ..i rang the hotel in maspalomas to make sure they had received the booking

which they had ... last night i make a €100 euro payment on my booking with travel republic..

this evening at 5:56pm i receive a error email ,and i need to ring travel republic ,i will show you the email ,copy and paste it..

We regret to inform you that a pricing error occurred on your booking, reference

The price you paid is £842.00

The real price of the accommodation for the period booked should have been £2459.69

As per our Agency Terms of Business which you agreed to during the booking process, we state that pricing errors may occur and we will inform you as soon as possible and we retain the right to offer you various options to re-confirm your booking at the correct price or cancel the affected booking free of charge.

As a result we’d like to offer you the following options:

1. Pay the difference of the balance

2. Cancel your accommodation booking and receive a full refund on your accommodation.

3. Book alternative accommodation with us at the price available on our website

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We try to ensure that all of the millions of prices on our website are correct and accurate but exceptionally sometimes errors can occur.

Our customer service team will be happy to assist you, Please call 0208 974 7200 and follow the instructions to our dedicated change control department.

We would like to thank you for booking with Travel Republic.

i also see in this message i received from them price is in uk pounds ..where i was given price in euro..

i ring them up at 9pm tonight ,,i get told this was a error on there system ,and i could either pay the new price or get a refund

i did ask couple a questions and said why was i not notified days ago ,,and i had rang last week and i wasnt told of any problem etc.. the woman had no comment for me ..i also said i could not be the only person this has happened to ..and if i book something else with them ,how do i know the same thing isn't going to happen again ..

can they really do this ,, i find this very unfair ,,i also just booked my flights with ryanair last night ,,so now i have to go ,,

i will never use travel republic again ,,has anyone else had problems like this before

i will ring citizen advise tomorrow ,to see what they think .

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

Sorry, but no recourse in this instance.

Best chalk it down.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

Have a look at the Bargain Travel forum and you can see other peoples experience with Travel Republic.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

Travel Republic are one of the best in Europe and a lot of their deals are per person not per room and this I think is what happened to you.

I know a lot of people around Europe and loads from England that use them exclusively with no hassle but the error should have been picked up sooner.

If you have not arranged a new hotel or apartment look up Booking.com on most of their deals you pay basically when you are leaving the hotel some of their deals are up front they usually have very good prices attached to them.

leeds england
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

Returning after 21/12/14 is the kiss of death price.Try going a week earlier and save up to 70%.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

thanks for all the replies ,,it costed me €25 euro to take them to the small claims court ,,

it was worth it ,,as it went in my favour ,got the accommodation for the price i had booked it for ..

thanks to all who replied

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

You're welcome. Not sure you had a claim though.

7. Re: travel republic anyone for problems with them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 07:15