We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Coast of Ireland Itinerary in December

Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Coast of Ireland Itinerary in December

Hello! (I also posted this in the Cork forum and had some great feedback, but wanted to get a wider variety here as well.) A few friends and I will be spending the last leg of our "Holiday" in Ireland. We fly into Dublin on Dec 29th and will spend the day touring the city, Dec. 30th we will do the Wicklow mountain tour (which I have done before and simply adored!). We fly out of Shannon on January 3rd and would like to see: Cork, the Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher an Galway. I am thinking of the following itinerary:

Dec. 31st: Rock of Cashel OR Blarney Castle and spend NYE in Cork

Jan 1st: Drive to the Dingle Peninsula and stay in Limerick

Jan 2nd: Cliffs of Moher and Galway

Jan 3rd:Fly out of Shannon back to the States

Would you recommend the Rock of Cashel or the Blarney Castle? So far I am seeing more people in favor of Cashel. Also, keeping in mind the time of year, are the cliffs of moher and the dingle peninsula going to be enjoyable at that time?

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Coast of Ireland Itinerary in December

I'd say you will get a reasonable range of answers wherever you post, I think most people look at all regions.

2. Re: Southern Coast of Ireland Itinerary in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16