We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday rentals

Victoria Capital...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday rentals

I'm looking for an extended holiday rental (~1 month) in Kilkenny, Tipperary or Waterford counties. I'm wanting a stand-alone property (not shared accommodation) as I am a writer and that is the purpose of my trip. I will also have my family with me (husband and 2 small children). I am having the hardest time finding something worthwhile on the web, and there is a plethora of options!

Does anyone have a place they could recommend by virtue of having stayed there? Does not have to be fancy - just quiet and comfortable!

Thank you!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday rentals

What time of year? Will you have a car? When you say stand alone do you mean rural as in not in a town or village?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday rentals

And your nightly budget is?

Victoria Capital...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday rentals

Time of year is flexible - Sept/Oct 2014 or spring 2015 or summer 2015. I am able to be flexible as I would prefer to get exactly what we want and will fit the dates to suit.

Likely will rent a car.

By "stand-alone", I mean not the type of holiday cottage that is on a property with several other cottages, or a unit within a larger building of units. Rural would be preferable.

Budget would be up to 2,500 Euros for the month, as I'm hoping I can swing a deal to get a monthly rate?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,151 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday rentals

Take a look at this cottage dreamireland.ie/property/Mount_Alto_Coach_Ho… Its in a fabulous location that IS quiet but also has lots to do in the area.

I've just been searching through www.dreamireland.ie I clicked on the "Private Accommodation" section, then refined the search to Waterford (you could repeat this for both Tipperary and Kilkenny). I'm sure you will find lots more.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,151 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday rentals

I take back what I said about finding lots more.

These are two houses in very quiet locations in Kilkenny

dreamireland.ie/property/The_Old_School_Hous…

dreamireland.ie/property/Chestnut_Cottage.20…

I found nothing in Tipperary.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 09:33
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday rentals

Although I'm not sure if you could get a deal for a month, do have a look at this website; they offer mostly "stand alone" properties that might appeal to you, and some will definitely fit your budget, if you stay in the autumn or spring. Prices increase alot for summer months. Note, that not many properties have broadband - would this be an issue?

http://www.shamrockcottages.co.uk

I think you will struggle without a car in most of these locations, as they're fairly remote. For car rental:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186591-c138899/Ire…

http://easytourireland.com/

http://www.dandooley.com/

Victoria Capital...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday rentals

Thank you for the ideas!! I did check out www.shamrockcottages.co.uk and was not satisfied with what I found.

8. Re: Holiday rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:15