We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated Itinerary - 16 days

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Updated Itinerary - 16 days

Heading over in September and couldn't be more exciting. First trip as a visitor instead of having to work.

- Saturday 20th Sept, Arrive Dublin, R&R, Guinness, City of a Thousand Welcomes, overnight Dublin

- Sunday 21st Sept, Pickup Rental car (AVIS), Glendalough, overnight Kilkenny

- Monday 22nd Sept, Leave Kilkenny, Rock of Cashel, overnight Killarney

- Tuesday 23rd Sept, Hiking Carrauntoohil morning, Torc Waterfall afternoon, overnight Killarney

- Wednesday 24th Sept, Leave Killarney, possible drive Dingle/Slea Head, but headed to Ennis overnight.

- Thursday 25th Sept, Hiking in the Burren, possibly see Cliffs, Ennis overnight

- Friday 26th Sept, Leave Ennis, see Cliff if I haven't done so, overnight Galway

- Saturday 27th Sept, Galway, maybe trip out to Athenry, overnight Galway

- Sunday 28th Sept, Leave Galway, ferry/flight to Inis Mór, overnight on Island.

- Monday 29th Sept, Leave Inis Mór, Hike Connemara (Diamond Hill), overnight Clifden.

- Tuesday 30th Sept, Leave Clifden, Hike Croagh Patrick, overnight Westport.

- Wednesday 1st Oct, Leave Westport, County Races in Sligo/meeting friends there, overnight Sligo

- Thursday 2nd Oct, Leave Sligo, headed East, either Carrick-on-Shannon or Slane overnight

- Friday 3rd Oct, Leave ????, Hill of Tara & Newgrange, Dublin, Shelbourne FC v Galway FC, overnight Dublin

- Saturday 4th Oct, Hike Bray Head south of Dublin, Aviva Stadium, Viking Pub Crawl?, overnight Dublin

- Sunday 5th Oct, Croke Park, Kilmainham Gaol, local sight-seeing (ideas?), overnight Dublin

Monday 6th Oct, Sadly leave on flight home from Dublin for work on Tuesday

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updated Itinerary - 16 days

I am just curious. Why did you include a trip to Athenry on the 27th?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updated Itinerary - 16 days

Honestly, I fell in love with the song, "The FIelds of Athenry" when I was a kid. Even had some of the lyrics as part of a tattoo now. Always wanted to visit the little town and the castle there.

boston, ma
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Updated Itinerary - 16 days

My father was born 4 miles from there so I have visited often. The town doesn't have much to offer tourists though . You can tour the castle.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Updated Itinerary - 16 days

I figured I could visit the castle, walkabout the town and maybe stop in at J Glynn's. I grew up on a small farm so big cities aren't always my thing.

5. Re: Updated Itinerary - 16 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:17