We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover Time in Dublin Airport

3 posts
Save Topic
Layover Time in Dublin Airport

I'm flying from Edinburgh to Dublin and then leaving the Dublin airport to return to the US. I found a flight EBD-DUB that lands at 3:30pm and my flight back to the US leaves at 4:15pm. Is that enough turn around time? I'm not sure what the Dublin airport is like and what a reasonable layover is to make my next flight. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

Personally I would not take a flight with a 45 minute connection anywhere anytime if I have other options. Is this all on one ticket booked through one airline?

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

No, it's two separate airlines. EDI-DUB is through Ryan Air and DUB-BOS is through Aer Lingus. I thought it would be enough time, since I won't be going through customs until we hit Boston - sounds like it might be wishful thinking, though. The only other flight in to Dublin from Edinburgh that day gets in at 7:30am and I was hoping to avoid that extra time in the airport.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,204 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

No, sorry, not enough time. The Aer Lingus desk will likely be closed for the Boston flight by the time you land. All US-bound passengers use the preclearance facility for customs/immigration.

You won't have time...

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
12,840 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

Sorry, there is no way...Keshgrammy

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

Impossible

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

Thanks, everyone! Wishful thinking over. Booking the early flight :)

7. Re: Layover Time in Dublin Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15