We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
142 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

We have booked our ferry to arrive Dublin 23 aug after 1300.

We will stay in Dublin for ?2 nights.

(Where from here? Thought maybe the kids, 5and 8, would like bunratty castle and dinner there- but other thoughts)

Planning to stay in Killarney wed-Saturday.

See blarney castle Saturday then stay in cork or up toward ?waterford.

Ferry from dublin Sunday 31 August.

So- we would leave Monday am drive toward ?bunratty stay 1 night. Then next day? Dingle? Stay somewhere out there on the dingle peninsula? Or just go to Killarney and travel dingle as a day trip but keep Killarney base?

Thoughts??

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

I think I would either split my time 2 nights Dingle and 2 nights Killarney, or all 4 in Killarney. I think children tend to flag after a couple of one nighters. There is a lot to do here on the Peninsula if you get good weather, Inch beach, Fungi the dolphin, an Aquarium for a wet day, boat trips etc etc.

But it is also possible to do Dingle as a day trip from Killarney. I think you need to get booking your accommodation as that is still peak holiday season, are you looking for one large family room or two smaller ones?

hamilton, on
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

Having just returned from a driving trip to Ireland, I would recommend that you stay outside of Killarney itself. The town is extremely touristy and caters wholeheartedly to Americans. It's expensive and busy. We didn't visit the Dingle Peninsula, but we did visit Beara which is beautiul. With kids to entertain, your trip will be different from ours as it was just my sister and me. Have a great time. Ireland is beautiful, people are friendly and polite -- highly recommended.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
142 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

Thank fushia and citygirl. I am planning to book The Dunloe. That way the kids can have kids club, horseback, and down time.

Fushia. Where would you suggest for dingle stay?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

The only hotel here that compares with The Dunloe would be the Skellig Hotel.

5. Re: Dublin to Killarney and a few other stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16