We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather one week out.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather one week out.

We leave on Friday and fly to Dublin. I have a few cities plugged into my weather app. At this point is it pretty safe to pack according to what the weather says?

The one day it says 80% chance of rain in doolin is next Tuesday. The one day we were taking the ferry to the Aran islands.

Thank you in advance for all the help that you very knowledgable and helpful advice :)

Sandi

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,194 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather one week out.

It's no different than home, you can't beleive a weather forecast more than a day in advance, if then.

The key to packing for Ireland is layers and something to keep the rain off of you. So plan for rain every day, and if it doesn't happen that's great, if it does you have the right layers and a jacket and hat or whatever to keep it from ruining your day.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,158 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather one week out.

Have you looked at www.met.ie ? This is the Irish service and is fairly reliable (fortunately or unfortunately as the situation is, the rain they have forecasted for Limerick over the last week has not materialised and thus I have been watering my Mum's plants very regularly :o))

Also take a look here. MT Cranium is an amateur forecaster who usually has a higher success rate than Met Eireann. www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php…

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather one week out.

And as a fellow Marylander.........we know our weather is crazy.

Thank you for that website. Will check that out.

Trying not to overpack :/

Thank you agian

Sandi

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
16,233 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather one week out.

Greetings, I have checked the Ireland weather reports (different areas) the morning of my flights, and, not once has it been correct. That said, here's old Keshgrammy's forecast, a bit of clouds, followed by a brief shower, sun peaking out, a few wispy clouds, a bit warmer, giving way to a sudden downpour, clearing & sunny. I can pretty well predict, no snow.

Come & Enjoy!

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather one week out.

That translates to plan for the worst and hope for the best. This is my advice, as I have said before-- DO NOT pack shorts. This enacts Murphy's Law. If you pack the shorts it will be guaranteed chilly, wet and windy. It's like "insurance". Then if you do need short pants you can just pick up an inexpensive pair for a souvenir.

Cheers,

Sunny

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather one week out.

The forecasts for Ireland are generally worse than for America as so much of our weather comes off the Atlantic, where there's a serious lack of data. I wouldn't trust any forecast that is more than 3 days into the future.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather one week out.

Google " Weather - Dublin airport "

shown in local time

Also you can type in other cities and towns

8. Re: Weather one week out.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16