We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

We are arriving at Dublin Airport around 11 AM on a Monday, and need to transfer to a train to Killarney. We would like to make reservations on the 1PM train, and don't mind paying for a taxi to make that train. Appreciate any feedback on our chances of making that connection. We don't know the actual distance between airport and train station.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

I'd say, that's doable, all things being equal.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

Thank you so much!! Do you know the actual distance?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,690 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

You could take a taxi, but the local 747 bus will do the job.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia
Level Contributor
12,719 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

Greetings!

According to Google map, Dublin Airport, via the Swords Road>N1>Heuston Station 14km.

I hope this helps.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

Thanks so much. Now I am looking at train tickets. Do we want "trolley service"? What is that? The site I'm on doesn't seem to want to let me book a one-way ticket. Sure I'm doing something wrong.

6. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 02:36
Dublin
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

Trolley service is the refreshments trolley that passes through the train selling expensive snacks. Are you trying to book tickets too early? They don't go on sale until around two months beforehand.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 14:09
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

The advance ticket time limit always used to be 28 days. That is the soonest that tickets may be purchased online, unless things have changed.

Just so you know, the Unions have announced four (4 ) Strike dates in their on-going dispute with the Rail Company over Cost-cutting actions -- make sure that your dates don't coincide:

irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/commuters…

The Irish Rail website is: irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/online-fares-…

A One Way Ticket is a 'Single' and a Round-Trip is referred to as a 'Return'.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
11,975 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

scampi they are leaving this coming Monday, if I read the post correctly....I tried to see if I could figure out the issue and thought maybe she was doing 8/4 instead of 4/8 and the system thought she was asking for april 8....however, I couldn't get it to sell a single, kept asking for a return for me too...as a matter of fact I kept ticking the 13:00 but it just won't take it....could they be sold out?....

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dublin Airport to Train Station by Taxi

Thanks sooo much for your input, and also to Oma for trying to help figure it out. I clicked on your link for the strikes. Lo and behold, one of them starts on Aug. 24 for 48 hrs. We are traveling on Aug. 25! Now we are thinking we need to rent our car at Dublin airport and drive to Killarney. Ugh! But better than flying to Cork or Kerry and then trying to rent there, instead of in Killarney, I guess. Are there suitable highways connecting Dublin & Killarney? Opinions welcome!!!